EDR Golf Course

Express you joy, miff, awe, concern, praise or rant in all things San Felipe.

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby julietravels » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am

dis & dat wrote:
julietravels wrote:I am not an owner at EDR, but I do play golf. I have one question. If all 800 owners are given an annual golf pass that they can let anyone use on any day, that leaves the potential for 800 nonpaying golfers using the golf course every day, leaving no room for paying golfers. How will you make any profit or even be able to use your pass. Tell me where I am wrong about this?


Some owners might strongly disagree with you when you said that "800 nonpaying golfers". Since those "non paying golfers had to fork over about $870 annually to get that pass.


What I meant by nonpaying golfers was that there will be no room for outside golfers to pay the green fees, meaning no profits, only more expenses.
julietravels
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 am

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby dis & dat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 pm

julietravels wrote:
dis & dat wrote:
julietravels wrote:I am not an owner at EDR, but I do play golf. I have one question. If all 800 owners are given an annual golf pass that they can let anyone use on any day, that leaves the potential for 800 nonpaying golfers using the golf course every day, leaving no room for paying golfers. How will you make any profit or even be able to use your pass. Tell me where I am wrong about this?


Some owners might strongly disagree with you when you said that "800 nonpaying golfers". Since those "non paying golfers had to fork over about $870 annually to get that pass.


What I meant by nonpaying golfers was that there will be no room for outside golfers to pay the green fees, meaning no profits, only more expenses.


Hmmm Julie, you do raise a good point. By the developer selling some 800 passes for approx. $870 per year, that will raise approx. $400,000. How many outside golfers would be needed to buy how many rounds of golf to bring in that much money?
User avatar
dis & dat
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:43 am

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby Rob Hoare » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:39 pm

dis & dat wrote: By the developer selling some 800 passes for approx. $870 per year, that will raise approx. $400,000. How many outside golfers would be needed to buy how many rounds of golf to bring in that much money?


Where does the $870 a year figure come from? The proposals from August quoted earlier in this thread said it would be around $476 per lot (which is still a significant increase for the LVDM people, especially for bare lots) - and that works out to around $400k for 800 lots (at $870 per lot, it would be nearer to $700k).

Rob
--> Read the latest articles from more than thirty San Felipe blogs at San Felipe News.
User avatar
Rob Hoare
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:11 pm
Location: San Felipe

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby dis & dat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Rob Hoare wrote:
dis & dat wrote: By the developer selling some 800 passes for approx. $870 per year, that will raise approx. $400,000. How many outside golfers would be needed to buy how many rounds of golf to bring in that much money?


Where does the $870 a year figure come from? The proposals from August quoted earlier in this thread said it would be around $476 per lot (which is still a significant increase for the LVDM people, especially for bare lots) - and that works out to around $400k for 800 lots (at $870 per lot, it would be nearer to $700k).

Rob

Thanks Rob, I had a brain seizure. It is $476 per lot. Glad you caught my misteak :)).
User avatar
dis & dat
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:43 am

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby Turtleone » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:38 pm

There is now in place a new Golf Course Committee & a new EDR Golf Course Blog.
www.edrgolfspot.com
Turtleone
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:30 am
Location: San Felipe B.C. Mx.

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby sleepydog » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:40 pm

dis & dat wrote:
Rob Hoare wrote:
dis & dat wrote: By the developer selling some 800 passes for approx. $870 per year, that will raise approx. $400,000. How many outside golfers would be needed to buy how many rounds of golf to bring in that much money?


Where does the $870 a year figure come from? The proposals from August quoted earlier in this thread said it would be around $476 per lot (which is still a significant increase for the LVDM people, especially for bare lots) - and that works out to around $400k for 800 lots (at $870 per lot, it would be nearer to $700k).

Rob

Thanks Rob, I had a brain seizure. It is $476 per lot. Glad you caught my misteak :)).


Ed says: Don't forget there is also a special assessment of $300.00 for 2012, for LVDM residents.
User avatar
sleepydog
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:43 am

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby Turtleone » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:43 pm

:? :? Geeze--I was told it was $469 ?? :o :o
Turtleone
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:30 am
Location: San Felipe B.C. Mx.

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby sleepydog » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Turtleone wrote::? :? Geeze--I was told it was $469 ?? :o :o



I too was told it was $469.00 plus the $300.oo special assessment.

Ed
User avatar
sleepydog
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:43 am

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby bbybmr53 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 am

I'll bet lender representative/financial agent Textron Financial is relieved that the golf course won't turn brown. I'm sure they didn't want to have to front the money for the upkeep.
bbybmr53
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:34 am

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby bajajorgeyana » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 am

:?: What's the $2000 figure I keep hearing from some quite reliable sources. :? Something like that amount was voted on by the eastside folks for some kind of deal. Or is that just hot tub rumor and inuendo :o . George
User avatar
bajajorgeyana
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 am

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby Turtleone » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:30 am

The only $2000 figure I heard of is what the golf pass is supposed to be worth. The eastside people are paying (last I heard) $469 Golf Course + $300 special assessment per lot.
If you hear of anyone wanting one of those passes I have acess to 15 of them for sale.
Turtleone
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:30 am
Location: San Felipe B.C. Mx.

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby Turtletwo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:57 am

Turtleone is correct. $2000 is the cost of an annual pass that existed before the proposal for LVDM owners to share the maintenance costs. The letter of intent that the vote was based on proposes a pass for each LVDM condo and lot owner that is not quite the same as the previous annual pass. The new passes do not include the cost of a golf cart, which is $10 a day.

The special assessment is $300. The projected cost of the maintenance for the owners was $469. However, the original proposal did not include Pat Butler paying the maintenance cost for his 90 units. He has agreed to pay the golf maintenance on his properties. The proposal also assumed that the rate of delinquency would improve slightly. I suspect the special assessment/golf maintenance and HOA delinquency rates will go the other direction. Of course, the amount collected has to be set before we know the delinquency rate. Han Wildschutte's email to his LVDM list said that the committee to work out the contract details would deal with this issue. The minutes of the first meeting included the following comment: "A discussion ensued on the lowering of the payments to reflect the fact the developer will be paying the golf course assessment on the lots/condos he owns thus having more than the estimated 800 accounts. No decision was made and it will be discussed further at future meetings."
User avatar
Turtletwo
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby Turtletwo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm

The minutes of the Golf Course Committee include the information that the amount of money collected because Pat Butler is paying the golf course maintenance fees on his properties would result in approximately a $45 deduction per lot/condo per year. However, the original amount of $469 as voted on will be collected and "at the end of the year the Committee will take a look at the amount collected and determine if it can be adjusted based on actual payments received."

The committee expects to have the information on the golf course passes firmed up before January 1.
User avatar
Turtletwo
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby cain » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:06 pm

So much userful info about EFR GOLF course/ thanks a lot!
cain
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 am

Re: EDR Golf Course

Postby Oliveber » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Hans Wildshuttes posted it on either or eldoradoyahoogroups or TSFG. I do not personally have it but have read it or I would post it here
Oliveber
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 am

Previous

Return to Talk San Felipe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron