Verbal abuse of our HOA office girls.

Express you joy, miff, awe, concern, praise or rant in all things San Felipe.

Verbal abuse of our HOA office girls.

Postby sleepydog » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:37 pm

I am very sorry to report to you that a terrible abuse has taken place in the HOA office. I will omit names.

On Tuesday I went, to the office, to set up my bank drafts for 2012 dues. The young lady I sat with was clearly upset. She quietly told me what had just happened to her, on the phone. It goes something like this:

An owner called the HOA office to complain about the special assessment. Demanding an explanation and complaining that she had not voted on it. The young lady tried to explain to her that the general assembly attendance voted for the new budget. And that her neighbors had approved the assessment.

The owner then called this young lady a stupid Mexican bitch and complained that her accent is so bad she cannot understand her. This young lady did explain the we are in Mexico and the language is Spanish, but all the girls in the office try to speak English as best they can.

Another owner was in the office and heard what was going on and requested to speak to the Ugly American. She was not permitted to do so. The young lady saying she would deal with it. Apparently the caller hung up.

I am ashamed of my fellow Americans that do this. I tried to find out the name of the offender but could not get it.

ED
sleepydog

Re: Verbal abuse of our HOA office girls.

Postby dis & dat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Sad to say that the world is full of bad people.
dis & dat

Postby bajajorgeyana » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Inappropriate behavior by an Ugly American. I'd use stronger language, but my post probably wouldn't post.
bajajorgeyana

Postby bbybmr53 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:54 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugly_Ameri ... epithet%29
"Ugly American is an epithet used to refer to perceptions of loud, arrogant, demeaning, thoughtless and ethnocentric behavior of American citizens mainly abroad, but also at home. Although the term is usually associated with or applied to travelers and tourists, it also applies to US corporate businesses in the international arena." :o
bbybmr53

Postby Debendale » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I am sure there will be more of this happening as people react to the new fees passed at the last session of meetings. Perhaps the ladies should pass the calls along to an administrator rather than have to take abuse. Thanks Ed, for bringing this to peoples attention.
Debendale

Postby sleepydog » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Debendale wrote:I am sure there will be more of this happening as people react to the new fees passed at the last session of meetings. Perhaps the ladies should pass the calls along to an administrator rather than have to take abuse. Thanks Ed, for bringing this to peoples attention.

I think it happened so suddenly and caught our little lady off guard and she was so stunned she just tried to be professional.

I spent some time assuring her that that sort of person does not represent the ownership. She of course knows that but still it hurt..

Ed
sleepydog

Return to Talk San Felipe