Proposed review of HOA governing docs

Express you joy, miff, awe, concern, praise or rant in all things San Felipe.

Re: Proposed review of HOA governing docs

Postby bbybmr53 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Bob, here's what Ed Jones said on the EDR forum today:

Maria no longer represents the developer. She does work for the HOA when needed.

and...

According to Maria, our sometimes HOA lawyer, you are correct.

- Ed

So she does represent the HOA. tg
bbybmr53

Postby bbybmr53 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:32 pm

**You just do not listen. The story, as you call it, will not change. Do not insult the supervisors please. You continue to gripe about things you do not like here. The conditions that exist, were in place long before most of us came here. We are in the process of attempting to change some of them.

Ed

appears to not be the case.[/quote][/quote]
bbybmr53

Postby sleepydog » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:38 pm

bby mr53 wrote:**You just do not listen. The story, as you call it, will not change. Do not insult the supervisors please. You continue to gripe about things you do not like here. The conditions that exist, were in place long before most of us came here. We are in the process of attempting to change some of them.

Ed

appears to not be the case.
[/quote][/quote]

*Why do you think we asked for some dollars to pursue some of the condition we are all talking about.

Ed
sleepydog

Postby bbybmr53 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:43 pm

I just posted a reply Ed but I don't see it.
I'll post it on the EDR forum.
I realize you have access to an attorney's opinion now if you want to use the funds to do that.
I am not insulting sups... just wanna see what's going on behind the scenes.
This (developer off-sets) has had some time now to be resolved.
bbybmr53

Postby sleepydog » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:57 pm

bby bmi 53 wrote:I just posted a reply Ed but I don't see it.
I'll post it on the EDR forum.
I realize you have access to an attorney's opinion now if you want to use the funds to do that.

***We may not need to use any funds for an attorney, we just need the flexibility to do so if needed.

I am not insulting sups... just wanna see what's going on behind the scenes.

***We are much like any board of directors for any corporation. We identify problems or situations, that need attention, and get a committee to work on them, then report to the full board then to the stock holders. There are several committees working on stuff as we speak.

This (developer off-sets) has had some time now to be resolved.

***Just not enough time for solution. We asked for a lot of old records. Preparing for the annual meetings and holidays has played a big part in the delay.

Ed
sleepydog

Postby bajajorgeyana » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:27 am

Between the new pool, the old pool, the heat at the old pool, security not being properly attired, governing docs, and any other BS the "big happy family" can find to bitch about, I about got this place up to my butt. George, the NY redneck.
bajajorgeyana

Postby sleepydog » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:38 am

bajajorgeyana wrote:Between the new pool, the old pool, the heat at the old pool, security not being properly attired, governing docs, and any other BS the "big happy family" can find to bitch about, I about got this place up to my butt. George, the NY redneck.

George why do you read these forums? All they do is piss you off, and per your own words you wish to be comfortable and relaxed?

This BS exists even where we live unless we go to the mountains and hibernate.

Although i must say i enjoy some of your wit.

Ed
sleepydog

Postby dis & dat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:52 pm

What is all this talk about removing the current Administrator? What would that accomplish? Does anyone really think that is a good idea? Or is it just chest pounding?

For example, if that were to happen by amending the Regulations, getting the necessary majority, etc, etc, what would be the results? How about all of the unintended consequences? Ever thought of those?

IN my learned opinion through 20+ years experience in managing HOA/POA'S (from the pen, Tom) it would be a very bad path for EDR and create more problems than any of you can imagine.

Imagine if you could get the regulations changed, which I doubt, what the results would be? Here are a few I have thought of:
1. It would politicize the job as administrator. That would mean that any successor administrator would be employed only as long as the last "GOOD" meeting.
2. Who would be empowered to terminate the administrator? The Supervisors? If not them, who?
3. Currently, Baja condo law does not give Supervisors that responsibility or authority! So, who would have that authority?
So, lets say that all of these very real obstacles are overcome. Now what?

One major problem would be who would be qualified to do the job?
People of the caliber that would consider this job would ask one very important questions - Why was the prior administrator terminated? If he/she did not like the answer, that candidate would say NO THANKS. Then we have to settle for second best? How about 3rd choice? Go ahead and laugh. I HAVE seen similar situations like this unfold.

Further, Who would have the authority to hire a new administrator? Since Supervisors don't have that authority per the Baja Condo law, then who would? YOU? LOL, I don't THINK SO!

Qualifications would be: Have years/decades of HOA/POA management experience with very large associations with more than 7,000 owners (sorta like Lake Las Vegas in size, but not nearly as sophisticated); Fluent in Spanish; willing to relocate to Mexico; willing to subject themselves to constant criticism and job insecurity; Be experienced in sewage processing, road grading, flood control, building standards, Rules enforcement, CC&R's enforcement, Dues collection, Foreclosure's IN MEXICO, Learn how to interact between the all too numerous to name here entities that make up EDR, AND I could go on and on, but won't.

I have to tell you all that being an HOA administrator is the most demeaning and thankless job ever created.

So, I ask again what is the goal here - Other than mayhem that is.

So, if you are looking for support to tear apart this HOA, I would really question your true motives!
dis & dat

Postby sleepydog » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:50 pm

dis & dat wrote:What is all this talk about removing the current Administrator? What would that accomplish? Does anyone really think that is a good idea? Or is it just chest pounding?

For example, if that were to happen by amending the Regulations, getting the necessary majority, etc, etc, what would be the results? How about all of the unintended consequences? Ever thought of those?

IN my learned opinion through 20+ years experience in managing HOA/POA'S (from the pen, Tom) it would be a very bad path for EDR and create more problems than any of you can imagine.

Imagine if you could get the regulations changed, which I doubt, what the results would be? Here are a few I have thought of:
1. It would politicize the job as administrator. That would mean that any successor administrator would be employed only as long as the last "GOOD" meeting.
2. Who would be empowered to terminate the administrator? The Supervisors? If not them, who?
3. Currently, Baja condo law does not give Supervisors that responsibility or authority! So, who would have that authority?
So, lets say that all of these very real obstacles are overcome. Now what?

One major problem would be who would be qualified to do the job?
People of the caliber that would consider this job would ask one very important questions - Why was the prior administrator terminated? If he/she did not like the answer, that candidate would say NO THANKS. Then we have to settle for second best? How about 3rd choice? Go ahead and laugh. I HAVE seen similar situations like this unfold.

Further, Who would have the authority to hire a new administrator? Since Supervisors don't have that authority per the Baja Condo law, then who would? YOU? LOL, I don't THINK SO!

Qualifications would be: Have years/decades of HOA/POA management experience with very large associations with more than 7,000 owners (sorta like Lake Las Vegas in size, but not nearly as sophisticated); Fluent in Spanish; willing to relocate to Mexico; willing to subject themselves to constant criticism and job insecurity; Be experienced in sewage processing, road grading, flood control, building standards, Rules enforcement, CC&R's enforcement, Dues collection, Foreclosure's IN MEXICO, Learn how to interact between the all too numerous to name here entities that make up EDR, AND I could go on and on, but won't.

I have to tell you all that being an HOA administrator is the most demeaning and thankless job ever created.

So, if you are looking for support to tear apart this HOA, I would really question your true motives!

Ed says: Thank you sir. I agree with everthing you said. I have said the same many times. Just not here. I am not sure i read that replacing the admin is the goal so much as getting a fair vote. If I missed that as the main goal then I missed it. yes it was mentioned but as part of the overall discussion. I too have no desire to remove the admin but to have a better view of some of the records we need to determine fair value for the barter deal.

Bye the way very well stated.
Ed

Ed
sleepydog

Postby bbybmr53 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:50 am

dis & dat wrote:What is all this talk about removing the current Administrator? What would that accomplish? Does anyone really think that is a good idea? Or is it just chest pounding?

Right now I haven't done anything but ask a bunch of questions, hang around a few supervisor meetings, and email some of the supervisors and on a couple of occasions emailed all of them. I took an interest in this development and how everything works when stuff never got done. You know the story here.
Let me flip this or turn the tables and ask what your motivation is. Seems you think digging into most anything I took an interest in is a bad idea and will cause 'mayhem' and 'tear apart this HOA'. Why would that happen? Questions? Hanging around the meetings? Persistent emailing?
Why do you think what I'm doing is a bad idea? Now we had a little problem on the other thread and I won't get into it. So let me know how the 'mayhem' will ensue. I don't have any power here to do anything but stand back while stuff is getting taken care of in the supervisor 'workshops'.
My motive is to try and cut through all the obstacles like you and a few others and find out how the HOA works here. So I guess I'm going to have a problem doing that. To be honest Bob, I'm getting suspicious that there's something I don't know. What's your relationship with the HOA? Advisor? Counsel? Bouncer?
I'll explain it one more time. I'm curious. I don't really trust everyone I know at the Ranch for good and verifiable reasons. Not having basic electric puts me in a grumpy mood sometimes too. So maybe you can be of assistance to my inquiries or maybe you will try and block this effort or put it down like you have for as long as I can remember. I know you don't work here and I assume are just volunteering as an HOA defender for some reason. I haven't quite figured it out. What are you defending? What are the risks involved in me asking reasonable questions. You have made me even more curious about your role here. :?:
bbybmr53

Postby dis & dat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:40 am

bbybmr53 wrote:

Right now I haven't done anything but ask a bunch of questions, hang around a few supervisor meetings, and email some of the supervisors and on a couple of occasions emailed all of them. I took an interest in this development and how everything works when stuff never got done. You know the story here.
Let me flip this or turn the tables and ask what your motivation is. Seems you think digging into most anything I took an interest in is a bad idea and will cause 'mayhem' and 'tear apart this HOA'. Why would that happen? Questions? Hanging around the meetings? Persistent emailing?
Why do you think what I'm doing is a bad idea? Now we had a little problem on the other thread and I won't get into it. So let me know how the 'mayhem' will ensue. I don't have any power here to do anything but stand back while stuff is getting taken care of in the supervisor 'workshops'.
My motive is to try and cut through all the obstacles like you and a few others and find out how the HOA works here. So I guess I'm going to have a problem doing that. To be honest Bob, I'm getting suspicious that there's something I don't know. What's your relationship with the HOA? Advisor? Counsel? Bouncer?
I'll explain it one more time. I'm curious. I don't really trust everyone I know at the Ranch for good and verifiable reasons. Not having basic electric puts me in a grumpy mood sometimes too. So maybe you can be of assistance to my inquiries or maybe you will try and block this effort or put it down like you have for as long as I can remember. I know you don't work here and I assume are just volunteering as an HOA defender for some reason. I haven't quite figured it out. What are you defending? What are the risks involved in me asking reasonable questions. You have made me even more curious about your role here. :?:

Why tom have you turned the focus on me? This board is NOT for that!
Replacing the Administration has been suggested more than once. Even on this thread. I am simply giving a counter-point to that long held idea.
You should not take it personally. As Shakespeare once said, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

You have been publicly thanked for bringing the unauthorized dumping of treated and reclaimed waste water in an inappropriate manor. Kudos to you. We all have to keep in mind that we live in Mexico where standards are much different than those in the U.S. Mexico does not de-odorize their reclaimed water, so it stinks. Such is life. But you give yourself way too much credit if you think I target you in what you do. What I do is point out misstatements, (untreated sewage being dumped on roads) half truths, etc. posted by anyone. You don't have the monopoly on that.

I too question many happenings here at EDR. Have for years. Can't help it if you weren't there when I have, and continue to do so. But I simply go about it a much different way. I have my "pen" pals ask the really tough questions. LOL.

It is totally up to you whether you accept answers to your questions as Ed Jones has engaged you for lo these many many months. He has provided with many answers which you simply don't accept and continue to kick the per verbally dead horse without seeking the knowledge yourself. You pose questions. They are answered. You don't believe them - even when coming from Ed. So, why on earth would we want to engage you any more? You don't believe the informed answers you are given, you don't do your own research. You just throw bombs. AND when challenged you attack the the character of the challenger. So, as you have been told before, it the messenger, not the message.

I realize this banter has come very close to crossing the line here and offer my apologies in advance to those I have offended. This will be my last post on this topic.

Tom, in closing, you have asked several times what my role with the Supervisors is. Since I believe persistence does have its rewards, I guess it's time to come clean. I must confess that my role with the Supervisors is as follows: I am their mystical, Philosophical, political, spiritual and theological leader!

Merry Christmas
dis & dat

Postby bbybmr53 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:13 pm

So, if you are looking for support to tear apart this HOA, I would really question your true motives![/quote]

Let me flip this or turn the tables and ask what your motivation is.

Why tom have you turned the focus on me? This board is NOT for that!
Replacing the Administration has been suggested more than once. Even on this thread. I am simply giving a counter-point to that long held idea.
You should not take it personally. As Shakespeare once said, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".
It is totally up to you whether you accept answers to your questions as Ed Jones has engaged you for lo these many many months. He has provided with many answers which you simply don't accept and continue to kick the per verbally dead horse without seeking the knowledge yourself. You pose questions. They are answered. You don't believe them - even when coming from Ed. So, why on earth would we want to engage you any more? You don't believe the informed answers you are given, you don't do your own research. You just throw bombs. AND when challenged you attack the the character of the challenger. So, as you have been told before, it the messenger, not the message.
Tom, in closing, you have asked several times what my role with the Supervisors is. Since I believe persistence does have its rewards, I guess it's time to come clean. I must confess that my role with the Supervisors is as follows: I am their mystical, Philosophical, political, spiritual and theological leader!
Merry Christmas
[/quote]

Funny! Even their mystical leader? Wow. :D
I do some of my own research. :geek:
Ed's just one supervisor with no special appointed powers but he is an 'opinion leader' in this community. :!:
Sometimes Ed repeats stuff I would bet from the 'powers that be' which makes him a messenger. :roll:
So what I'd be doing is blaming the messenger which is not what I'm really doing. :o
I guess I'm trying to talk to the 'powers that be' through Ed. :ugeek:
So maybe it's time to skip the messenger since he's not the 'Decision Maker'. :mrgreen:
I do know some of what's going on here because I guess I'm not an 'idiot'. :idea:
bbybmr53

Postby bbybmr53 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:03 pm

"Sometimes Ed repeats stuff I would bet from the 'powers that be' which makes him a messenger." :roll:

On this comment, Ed told me to stick it where the 'sun doesn't shine' which translated means shove it up your ____. :evil:

Guess this 'discussion' is terminated. :lol:
bbybmr53

Postby shera99 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:29 am

Bob Miller - "You have been publicly thanked for bringing the unauthorized dumping of treated and reclaimed waste water in an inappropriate manor. Kudos to you. We all have to keep in mind that we live in Mexico where standards are much different than those in the U.S. Mexico does not de-odorize their reclaimed water, so it stinks. Such is life. But you give yourself way too much credit if you think I target you in what you do. What I do is point out misstatements, (untreated sewage being dumped on roads) half truths, etc. posted by anyone. You don't have the monopoly on that."

Post by C. Snyder: Bob, 'untreated sewage being dumped on roads' is not a half truth. We observed the water/sewage truck being filled with dark brown liquid and then going over to the Long Beach property owned by Pat Butler and discharging his load three nights in a row. We also found their dumping site in the mountainside area near the brown mountains and they have been dumping untreated sewage there for what appears to be a long time, until a month or so ago. This is not hearsay. This was admitted to as a 'mistake' by Jeremy Kemp and Cliff Ulman. This is not 'unauthorized dumping of treated and reclaimed waste water', this is dumping of raw sewage in an area that is not fenced, and is within a mile of homes in Vista Del Mar. The dumping of supposedly 'treated' reclaimed water continues on the palm trees along the beach, and the water runs down under the palapas. It is also being dumped in large quantities on the fence line of Campo Perla. It looks like Perla got wise to this as they are now placing a line of red dirt along their fence line, maybe to block this water from going over there. We do realize we live in Mexico, and that standards may be different here, however with all the hype about EDR being developed by an American developer, we frankly expected better. To be discredited by you, Bob, and threatened with a slander suit just adds another layer of crap. CS
shera99

Postby dis & dat » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:55 pm

To find out just what the facts are, I will ask a question whether raw sewage was ever loaded in to a truck and dumped onto anywhere on the desert. I will ask that and other questions at Tuesday's Supervisor meeting. I will then post a reply here probably by late Wednesday, time permitting. BUT NOT ON THIS TOPIC.

I will post the reply as given, since I am not in any position to know how valid the reply is. It will be up to the reader to determine its validity.
BUT AGAIN, THIS IS OFF TOPIC AND WE ALL TOOK AN OATH TO STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!! SO IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE THIS THREAD, START A NEW TOPIC. Otherwise, this topic just might be locked down.
dis & dat

Postby Ganapoes » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 am

ren't we off topic here?
Ganapoes

Postby bbybmr53 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:15 am

:arrow: the 2 sups are almost done with their audit and results will be issued soon was the official administrator word recently at the sups meeting.
bbybmr53

Previous

Return to Talk San Felipe